Sunday 7 August 2011

The Greys are coming!

Do you believe in Aliens, or to be more precise the Greys? You know the ones.Tall, thin with large almond eyes and even larger fingers. They abduct you and proceed to insert things into every orifice against your will. Pardon the pun. 

Let me put you in the picture. It all started two nights ago.
We live in an old cottage which is situated in a forest. The wife and myself have lived there for over thirty five happy years. During that time we have brought up a family and a weird assortment of animals; dogs, horses, goats and many more.
Let me start the story. My wife has a very real fear of aliens, especially Greys. She really believes they exist, and who am I to argue with her. It’s a vast universe out there. I often ask her if she can ever remember being abducted by Greys? She tells me she can’t. How do you know they are real then and not in your imagination I ask her? She says she doesn’t think Greys are real, she knows they are. At this stage I always start feeling uneasy. 
This particular night my wife had gone to sleep with her iPod earphones still in her ears. She had then been woken up with the news story of a BBC sports reporter who had seen a UFO above his car the previous evening:

Mike Sewell was driving to Stansted Airport when he claims he saw the disc-shaped craft zipping over the Hertfordshire countryside at 4.15am.
Speaking on Radio Five Live, he said he was "gobsmacked" when he saw the odd flashing lights just a few hundred yards from the road. "I saw this big bright light in the sky…

After my wife listened to the programme she eventually dropped off to sleep again. It was then she had the nightmare. She was outside in the garden with bare feet. Just above her and above the pine trees was a white light. She felt paralysed. Next she saw the same light approaching from the wood. She told me that in the dream she felt real fear. As the light approached her she could make out the shape of a tall, thin creature which to her looked like a Grey. It seemed to be beckoning her but she couldn’t move. When I asked my wife for a description of the alien, all she could tell me is it gave out a power that sapped her whole being. She tried to resist this but was growing weaker in the dream and started moving towards it. As it reached out to touch her she thought she could hear our Rottweiler, named Woody barking. Woody had died several years earlier. As the barking got louder she woke up.
Both my wife and myself are fiction writers and can put together a story. But the story above is true and accurate as I can tell it.
One last thing. The branch on the top of the fir tree is broken.





No comments:

Post a Comment